Monday, July 30, 2018

Another Queen Caging Demo Coming Up!

Hi Folks,
This has got to be one of the top two best seasons for beekeeping in the 14 years I've been keeping honeybees in Fairbanks! People who have kept their colonies from swarming should reap the rewards this year! I just harvested 80 pounds of honey from two colonies out of three honey supers and expect to obtain at least another 80 pounds from the same hives in a couple weeks.

Queen caging has been going very well so far this year. The colonies that I hived in the middle of April have now all had their queen caged. Colonies hived toward the end of April and beginning of May will have queens caged on Sunday, August 5th.
Anyone who wants to observe is welcome to meet me at Botanical Gardens at 4:00pm, weather permitting.

Questions? email me at sciencebasedart@yahoo.com

Stay tuned for tips on wrapping up the season. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment