Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A CHANGE OF THOUGHT!!!

To All You Honey Seekers,

I just got into some of my hives today and discovered what seems to be a late honeyflow!!!  This is exciting!!!  I also went up to Keith and Svetlana Nuss' home this afternoon to find they have what I estimate to be between 5 and 8 gallons of honey.  They started out with bare foundation this season and took my class in March.  I would give them class champion if I were a judge at the fair!!!  Now that we are having a real summer, I won't be so worried about the bees eating all the honey but I will be carefully looking for queen cells since the queens are all caged and the workers want a laying queen.  When it drops off cold, then we will be pulling any final honey supers.  I do have a manual extractor you can rent for $20.00 per day.  It comes with a stainless steel strainer, decapping forks and a decapping knife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment