Friday, April 7, 2017

Honeybee Shipment to Fairbanks at 605 Betty Street

Hi Folks,
The Victor's honeybee shipment will arrive around 6:00 or 6:30PM on Saturday, April 15th, 2017.
605 Betty Street, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701

We will have pollen patties available for sale as well as 9-frame spacers and frame rests.

For those who took a beekeeping class this spring, you are welcome to join me for a live hiving demonstration after the packages have been distributed.

Please see Steve's detailed explanation for keeping honeybees warm in cold temperatures on the previous post.
'
I will be making my 2:1 sugar syrup on Friday, April 14th and keeping it at room temperature to fill feeders when hiving my colonies. The ratio is richer this season because of the colder weather.

Also, I am bringing all my hive equipment inside the house on Thursday or Friday to ensure everything is warm when I hive my honeybees.

I have my internal and external insulation ready (cut to size).

Entrance reducers are a must this time of year!

I am starting the season with one brood box per colony.

My frames are arranged from left to right: 1) insulation board 2) frame of empty cells 3) frame with pollen stores 4) empty frame for the queen to start laying in 5) empty frame for the queen to start laying in 6) empty frame for the queen to start laying in 7) frame with pollen stores 8-9) feeder insulation board 10) insulation board

If the temperature is below 50* when the bees arrive, I will wait until the next day to hive my colonies and anyone who wants to watch the hiving demonstration can attend.






No comments:

Post a Comment