Friday, April 12, 2013

My Honeybee Plan!!

I will be keeping my bees in their 4lb. box until it warms up on Mon. 4/15/13.  The place I am storing my 4 lb. box of live bees is 50* to 58* and I will be spraying sugar water on them a couple times per day. (once in the morning and once in the evening) but checking on them mid-day to make sure they aren't hungry. I estimate I will hive my bees around 1PM on 4/15/13, just down the street from Monroe.  Any of my students are welcome to observe a live hiving.  If you want to be able to see up-close, please wear your beesuit.  I will call everyone who is getting bees tomorrow when the Victors are in Nenana so that you have a 45 min - 1 hour notice.  Please mix up your sugar water tonight if you haven't already.  Make sure there isn't any granules in it.  I use fox water so I'm not feeding my bees anything unnatural.  Also, I heat up the water on the stove and make sure the sugar gets dissolved completely.  Then I let it cool to room temperature.  I will fill up my spray bottle with sugar syrup in the morning and have all my tools, etc. ready for when the bees arrive.  Keep checking this blog for updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment